At Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Uptown, we want to meet all the needs of our patients and their families.
Although we do not have a chapel or pastoral care volunteers on-site, our facility is part of the Baylor Health Care System, so we can provide spiritual support for you through its Pastoral Care staff. Chaplains are always available; you can request to speak with a chaplain by calling (214) 820-2542 or the Dial-a-Prayer Line at (214) 820-2333.
The Pastoral Care staff can help you by providing:
- A listening ear when you need to talk through something troubling you
- An objective mind to assist you in making important decisions regarding your care
- Support as you seek to make your faith a source of comfort and power during your healing and recuperation
- Practical help and comfort in times of grief and in crisis situations
- Scripture and prayer in times of need
- An available presence to support you during your hospitalization
- Assistance in contacting your clergy to celebrate sacraments or perform rituals
The Pastoral Care staff also perform a number of ministries including:
- Making visits to you and your family prior to your visit
- Visiting upon request prior to admission
- Responding to medical emergencies
- Involving you and your family in support groups as needed
- Providing counseling to deal with crisis
Please let our staff know if they can assist you in contacting a chaplain or the Dial-a-Prayer line.